Why choose a masonry fence for your Pasadena CA home?
Masonry fences are one of the most elegant and durable options for fencing. If you want a quality masonry fence, it is important to choose masonry contractors in Pasadena, CA, that have the necessary experience building quality fences.
Masonry is best known in its brick-and-mortar appearance, commonly seen on the outside of a building. It consists of uniformly sized bricks or other types of stone blocks held together with mortar, the filling between each brick.
Pros of a masonry fence
- Elegant appearance—Masonry gives your property an added old fashioned or elegant look, increasing the visual value of your home
- Durability—Well-constructed masonry fences are highly resistant to pests and rotting, and are more likely to survive intense weather such as a tornado or a hurricane
- Longer lifespan—Masonry is durable and built to stand the test of time in a way most other fences can’t
Cons of a masonry fence
- Requires a good foundation—if the foundation of a masonry fence isn’t stable and well built, the fence itself will suffer. If the foundation settles, cracks and other damage to the masonry must be repaired as soon as possible
- Difficult to build—Masonry fences can be more difficult to build because they tend to take more time, require heavier and more difficult materials, and can’t be constructed during heavy rain or freezing weather
Many of the drawbacks of a masonry fence can be avoided by using the services of highly skilled and professional masonry contractors in Pasadena, CA. Visit Mission Fence and Patio Builders at www.missionfence.com for more information on quality masonry near you. You can also visit them on Twitter for more information.