What exactly is a faux finish? It is a decorative paint finish that gives the appearance of marble, wood or stone. It has now come to include finishes that simulate other recognizable textures such as fresco and trompe-l’œil. In the decorating universe of San Antonio, faux finishes when done properly can bring your room to a whole new level.
Types of Faux Finishes
- One of the most beautiful of the faux finishes is Venetian plaster. It gives your room an Old World look and feel of the polished marble of European architecture.
- Artisan finishes are different in that they never look the same way twice. Whenever light shines on a wall, it throws highlights on the color and the tones and shades seem to change before your eyes.
- Metallic paint can make your walls sparkle and glow.
- Metallic plaster provides more options when it comes to design and colors. Your walls will shimmer and seem to be coated with flecks of metal.
- Manda Mudd can give you a finish that looks just like good old fashioned plaster but with a three dimensional look to it.
- Sandstone finish has a gritty feel and can be slightly raised to the touch. It can be the least costly finish to have done and the easiest.
- Texture sand is paint that has tiny pieces of sand mixed in it. The sand reflects light and adds texture to your wall.
- Brushed suede is the finish the can give a room a sophisticated, elegant look to it. It can be delicate so you might want to avoid areas of your home that are high traffic.
Shaw Company Remodeling is staffed with designers and painters who can give your walls the look and feel you have been seeking. Visit their website http://www.shawcoremodeling.com and fill in the form for a free estimate.
2 people like this post.