Copper, when used as a roofing material, is the ideal metal roofing option. It is not hard to love the sheen that a roof conveys when it is new and the blue-green patina it acquires over time. That is why Pennsylvanians like this type of roofing material for their homes.
Some of the Benefits of Copper
Besides being a beautiful option for roofing in Southampton, PA, copper is notably strong, durable, and safe. Copper also offers the following benefits:
- The metal roof can easily increase the resale value of your home.
- Copper roofs can last as long as 50+ years. You just need to make sure you schedule regular maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Copper roofing is remarkably resistant to mildew, hail, or fire.
- Copper is a lightweight material, which makes it a favorite of installers. Also, a lightweight roof will not place as much weight on a home’s framework – something that is particularly important after a heavy snowfall.
- Copper is an energy-efficient choice. Because the metal reflects light away from the home, homeowners do not pay as much for heating or cooling.
As Durable as It Is Beautiful
If you want roofing that is as durable as it is beautiful, you will want to consider adding copper roofing to your home. While the initial expense is more than other roofing materials, what you receive in the long-term is lower costs and repairs.
You can find out more about roof selections when you visit the website that features some roof styles and materials. Besides copper, investigate the advantages of adding other types of roofing materials, such as slate, asphalt, or clay or concrete tile to your structure.
To have your roof checked, first schedule an appointment for an inspection. Doing so will give you a better idea of the condition of your current roof. Usually, it is a good idea to replace an asphalt roof if it is around 20-years-old.
Be the first to like.